Position: Writer (Part-Time)
Reboot is a social impact consulting firm. Our team members draw on a wide range of specializations in order to help governments, international organizations, and large companies improve the lives of the people they serve.
Our job is hard, but we like it that way. We are looking for people who are great at what they do, whether it’s in one area of expertise or ten.
This position is for a Writer. We are looking for wordsmiths who take joy in tinkering with a sentence until it is exactly right–and do it on deadline.
The position is part-time, and is based in our New York, NY office. (No telecommuters, please.) We would like someone (you?) to:
- Help our teams craft clear and compelling stories about our work, through major publications, presentations, essays, blogposts, and other media.
- Embed with project and internal teams to shape the direction, narrative and tone of client reports and other publications.
- Write responses to requests-for-proposals from client organizations.
- Help develop and maintain a “Reboot voice” that is consistent across all platforms.
- Become an expert in and advocate for Reboot’s services and approach.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Top-notch writing skills, preferably with an academic background in English, Journalism, Creative Writing.
- Work experience developing perfect copy on-deadline.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in clear, concise, non-jargon language.
- Interest in Reboot’s core areas of work (governance and international development). Bonus points for those with a background in either field.
- Sense of humor and wit – in both your writing and in yourself.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, along with either a writing portfolio or two to three work samples (links are okay). Please be sure to include a description of the project and your role in each.